The IOC Coordination Commission for the Lausanne 2020 Youth Olympic Games is meeting for the third time in Lausanne from January 20th to 22nd, 2019.
The purpose of this annual meeting is to advise the Organising Committee in its preparation. The Commission, composed of experts* and chaired by Slovak Olympian Danka Bartekova, bronze medallist in shooting at London 2012, visited the construction sites of the future Youth Olympic Village, the famous “Vortex”, and the future Malley ice rink yesterday. Today, the Commission will visit Leysin and its brand new snow park under the snow. The presentations by the Organising Committee will continue in parallel to these visits until the evening of January 22nd.
Ian Logan, CEO of Lausanne 2020, is delighted: “The visits of the Coordination Commission are extremely useful for us because they allow us not only to report precisely on the progress of our work but also to benefit from specialised advice. I would like to thank our partners who are taking part in this 3rd visit, and who are making this preview of what Lausanne 2020 will be like in a year’s time possible. Thank you to all of you!”
Photo: ©Keystone/C. Zingaro
*The IOC Coordination Commission for Lausanne 2020 is composed of:
– Ms Danka Bartekova, IOC Member and President of the Coordination Commission for Lausanne 2020
– Mrs Sarah Lewis, Secretary General of the International Ski Federation (FIS)
– Mrs Nese Gündogan, Secretary General of the Turkish Olympic Committee and member of ANOC (Association of National Olympic Committees) Executive Council
– Mr Tomas Holmestad, CEO of Lillehammer 2016
– HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, IOC Member
– Mr Sergey Bubka, IOC Member