As part of the Lausanne en Jeux! programme for the Youth Olympic Games Lausanne 2020, the mudac and the Swisssneaks association have teamed up to celebrate sport's cultural and sociological history. They are focusing on an iconic object, which has gone beyond the environment for which it was initially designed and become a part of our daily lives: the sports shoe.
The exhibition Sneaker Collab aims to demonstrate, in a comprehensive and engaging manner, the positive force of the sneaker phenomenon by looking back to when it began in the 1980s with the Jordan brand, as well as more recent collaborations and projects. Sneaker Collab wants to demonstrate how basketball, a genuine culture and way of life, triggered shock waves through the worlds of fashion, music, photography and generally through every aspect of contemporary creativity and urban culture.
Mainly based on collaborations, the exhibition also covers historical aspects, looking back at some of the most memorable projects which relate to this area of popular culture, an object so symbolic of our era. These collaborations are marketing tools and they helped to transform what began as a sports shoe into a cult object, going way beyond its initial purpose to become a fashion accessory and collector's item.
Sneaker Collab has set up inside and outside of the mudac, offering a packed programme of visits, conferences, workshops and events until 26 January 2020. Also, as part of the Lausanne en Jeux! programme for the Youth Olympic Games 2020, a wide range of activities will be on offer for those who love sport and urban culture.
- Full: 10 CHF
- Student, pensioners: 5 CHF
- Less than 16 yo, unemployed: free
- Join ticket with History Museum: 15 CHF/ 8 CHF
- 9 January 2020, 11:00 - 18:00
- 10 January 2020, 11:00 - 18:00
- 11 January 2020, 11:00 - 18:00
- 12 January 2020, 11:00 - 18:00
- 14 January 2020, 11:00 - 18:00
- 15 January 2020, 11:00 - 18:00
- 16 January 2020, 11:00 - 18:00
- 17 January 2020, 11:00 - 18:00
- 18 January 2020, 11:00 - 18:00
- 19 January 2020, 11:00 - 18:00
- 21 January 2020, 11:00 - 18:00
- 22 January 2020, 11:00 - 18:00